Monday, November 16, 2009

Perfect

So far we have shared some events that highlight the mistakes, attacks, and blunders of one another. Seeing how that both my sisters have forgotten how to type or share a story, I will go again...but this time a little different.
This past Friday at 11:30 a.m. (o.K. 11:40, I was late) I met my sisters at Soho for lunch (a wonderful place to eat). There we sat around the table, Chrystal, Rachel, Stacey, Caleb, Lici, Hope, and I. We told stories about what all was happening in our lives. The Japanese/American -Iron Chef wanna be-was cooking our food. He threw pieces of cooked food in the air and asked if we wanted to try and catch it in our mouths....of course Chrystal and I did. Was there any doubt? That is us all the way. I caught mine in my mouth, Chrystal after four attempts just caught the food in her hands and shoved it in her mouth so as to not waste any more food. Rachel with her smile and wit shared some news in her life. Stacey, the love of my life, sat near me laughing and sharing stories about our last few days. We had not all gotten together for nearly 2 months.
We ate our dinner, enjoying every bite of the wonderful food. Soon, because we inherited our mother's digestive system, Rachel and I at the same time had to go to the bathroom. Upon returning, we paid our bill, shared a candy bar (MILCH) from Mexico I had brought back (awesome), and walked out together. A few jokes shared, a couple of jabs at making fun of each other, and we got in our cars and went our separate ways. It had been a long time since we did something like that.
I know you read and we write of fun stories, jokes, dares, and blunders that we laugh at each other with; but there are not three siblings in the world closer than us. I praise the Lord for the gift He has given us in each other. That event, that afternoon, with each other was....well...in a word...Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment