Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Gettysburg Undress


One score and a few days ago, my father brought forth our family and declared a vacation that none would equal.
My sister and I (as usual) were engaged in a great civil war; testing whether this sibling, or that sibling, after being conceived would endure as the greatest. There we again met on a great battlefield of that war. It was on a portion of that field, a restaurant place where those that were hungry might eat. It was altogether not fitting and propper that I should have done this (but I did).
In a large sense, I cannot delete-I can not erase-I cannot forget this event. The two siblings, Travis and Chrystal, who struggled here, have desecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we said there, but it can never forget what I did there. It was I, the brother, in a brave act greatly humbled and embarrassed the sister. I am here dedicated to the task of remembering this great event-that from this task of dishonour, Chrystal took increased devotion to get back at her brother-but her attempts have all been in vain-for in that day, in that parking lot of that restaurant, before tourist and residents alike, I 'accidentally' pulled her skirt, by its hem, off her waist, to the ground; and this act before family, people, and friends, shall not perish from our thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. HA! HA! I was one of those there in person in that parking lot who witnessed this great event, if it is the same time I'm thinking of...and I believe I do have a photo to prove it!! Travis, I need to send the photo to you for a cherished memento! Was this when went to Hershey Pk and Gettysburg on Vaca?? That was a GREAT trip! Never forget HOSS'S! KRDye

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was it! I need that picture! HOSS'S, bout forgot about that....now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will remember you fondly, Bro. Travis, after Chrystal kills you....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs. Whittington, I would have it no other way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to KRD for donating the picture of the actual event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KIM!!! I thought you loved me?! No pics are necessary!!! And Mrs. W, If I was going to kill Travis, it would've been a long time ago for things much worse than this incident! (and I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind a time or 2! ) JK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!way to go Kim!! Priceless...can we get over the fact of the coulottes coming off and actually LOOK at them!! LOL not to mention the hat...too funny!

    ReplyDelete