Monday, August 10, 2009

Here goes nothin'

Well, I must admit that I am very hesitant to be "blogging." I must have more of my mother in me than I thought because this is all very foreign to me, but none the less I do LOVE sharing memories about my family!
So many memories and fun times, although as I joked with Travis earlier, most if his and Chrystal's memories are of eachother and most of mine are with Joey (my mom's fourth child:her poodle). They were just so much older and closer back in the day, but now that we are grown, married, and have started our own families I can say that there is no one closer to me outside of my husband and son.
One memory I would love to share (and I love to share with anyone who will listen) is the night I got saved. It fits perfectly into this setting because my brother was the one who led me to the Lord. I was (I believe) 13, and we had been gone allll day to Cedar Point with the youth group. We were exhausted! We got home at like 1:30 in the morning. Stacey had stayed all night with her mom because she had kept Alex while we were away and he was still quite young. It was just Travis and I in their house, and they live in the country where it is so dark at night. He had gone to bed, and I was laying on the couch...COULD NOT SLEEP. I was so scared the Lord would come back and I would be left all alone. So I went to his door and knocked. All I heard was a voice that said, "YYEEESSSS???" I knew he was so irritated at me. I have been known to be a bit of a baby..not that I am still, of course. :) But I told him I needed to talk. He sleepily came to the living room and asked what was up. I told him I knew I wasn't saved and I was scared. I had been in church my whole life. I had led people to the Lord myself. I knew what to say and when to say it, but it wasn't real. He told me exactly what I needed to hear. He said that I knew what Christ had done for me...died on the cross and rose FOR ME... but it wasn't until now that I knew I NEEDED His salvation! It was so true. I felt like I had lived how I was supposed to, prayed how I was supposed to, smiled like I was supposed to, but never had meaning behind any of it! That night at his house me sitting on the loveseat, him sitting on the couch I asked the Lord to save me! There is no better momory in this world! After that, of course, we had to play a little N64 Hangtime..my favorite game to this day.
I am so thankful for a brother and sister on whom I can trust! They are some of my closest friends. I know they love the Lord,and I know that makes our relationship so much sweeter!
I hope I can recall some wonderful memories to share, but if this is the only one you read I hope that you too will know for sure that the Lord is your Saviour. There is no greater memory to have!!

1 comment:

  1. There is not greater memory than the day you receive Christ as your Saviour, but If it is with someone that is special to you, it makes that memory so much sweeter.
    I enjoyed reading your testimony Rachel.
    God Bless,
    Mrs.E.

    ReplyDelete