Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leave it to them!

As many of you know, we just returned home not too long ago from seeing my dad after his by-pass surgery. This was not the first time we had to rush out to see him. I remember on one trip out there it was Rick, Chrystal, and me. My dad was in the hospital and my mom was very, very ill. We left on a Sunday night, and I was EXHUASTED. Although, I am not the greatest person to travel with...I speak little and sleep LOTS!! On this particular trip I had fallen asleep. When I woke up I looked around..it did not look familar! I asked where we were. My lovely sister and wonderful husband informed me of where we were and it was not where we were supposed to be. We had passed Kansas...that's right...PASSED IT!! How do you pass a state?!?!?! I know, my same thoughts, but don't worry they managed to do it! We were on the toll roads somewhere in Oklahoma. We got off and proceeded to find a gas station. If you know my husband at all you know that he is not one to ask for directions, so when he did I knew were seriously lost! We found a gas station that I'm pretty sure was straight from the heart of red neck country. At this gas station we asked "Jeff"(now we don't know that Jeff was his name, but Chrystal said he looked like a Jeff so that's what we call him to this day) for directions to Kansas. He gave us directions in his country twang (that only Chrystal can impersonate perfectly) and directed us through "a trashy little town called Pitcher". We were off, and when he said "trashy little town" he really meant it, but he got us there! It was probably one of the funniest moments I've had with my sister..whom swears that Jeff was in love with her! :)
As a side note..not too long ago on the news here in OH they were reporting about the tornadoes out west. One small town was destroyed...it was our trashy little town called Pitcher! It was a sad day in history for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's not our fault someone moved the exit for Kansas! And we are so glad they did bc it was so worth it to meet Jeff! And He WAS in love with me. I could see it in his eyes! :) Good times, good times!!!

    ReplyDelete