Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome to the Family

About a year ago this week, our cousin Jonathan Hudson married Ally. The wedding was wonderful and beautiful and I was even able to usher my grandmother to her seat. A wonderful ceremony indeed. We then made our way to the reception. There, at a table, sat I and Stacey, Ricky and Rachel, and Randy and Chrystal. Soon the new bride and groom were going table to table thanking each and everyone for attending.
Let me pause...we, because of living in the Cinci area, did not know Ally very well at all and she didn't know us. She just knew we were the part of the family from Cinci.
As they approached, I looked at Chrystal and might have said something like...
"Hey Sis, when Ally gets over here, I will give you $5 to stand up and kiss her on the cheek and give her a huge bear hug lifting her off the ground and then all 'teary' say, 'Welcome to our family, I love you.'"
We all got a laugh and then a short pause to catch our breath. Chrystal then said, "$5 huh?" "Absolutely!" as I laid a Lincoln on the table.
Soon Ally was at our table making her way down the table thanking us for coming. It was then, well, just look at the pic and especially Ally's face.....

Welcome to the family Ally!

No comments:

Post a Comment